What a big day. We got some work done. Somehow, we got out the door in time to get our vegetables by noon. Then a few errands in town and brief trip to the library. Lunch in Midway, and we stopped to see Judith at ReBook. She's always great to talk to. Then we headed off to Dutch Hollow and went for a brief hike. I really have the itch to go mountain biking. One of my very first posts on here a long time ago was about a bike there. There were a number of families discovering mountain biking together today on the trails, and several horse trailers there as well. Ian fell asleep during the walk, and somehow stayed asleep as I put him in the carseat. He slept for about 45 minutes (he didn't get a big nap today) while I perused the thrift store and John stayed in the car with him and made up the grocery list. Groceries and home after 7pm! We had a wonderful salad for dinner, Ian had two helpings of food (sweet potatoes with blueberries and Haycorn squash with peas. About 1T each, and he ate it all.) along with some cheese, avocado and some bread.
The biggest developments: Ian seems poised to take that first step. He will stand for long periods of time without holding on, and does it automatically when it's convenient (when he wants both hands for something and happens to be standing). He's not decided to move his feet when standing unassisted, but will readily "walk" when we're holding his hands.
Plus, I think he's got the "all done" sign. He did it tonight when he wanted out of the high chair, because he was "all done" eating. Then tonight, holding him on the toilet, he signed "all done" because he didn't need to pee. I looked at that and said "are you all done?" and he smiled. I think we're getting somewhere! He is practicing the motion and will do it fairly often it seems, but I think he's pulling it out when he wants to communicate and that's a huge step.
Ian says, "Books are for eating! Silly Judith. There are so many books and she hasn't eaten a single one!"
No comments:
Post a Comment