Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Snuggles

Wednesday was a long day. Lots to do, and got a lot done. Unfortunately, it took some time to do as well. John took care of Ian for most of the day, and I nursed him when it was needed. It makes me realize how lucky we are to not need to use daycare. We got Ian to bed, John went to bed, and I finished up some work, to bed about midnight. I knew it'd be time for Ian to nurse again soon, so I waited and sure enough within 10 minutes, he woke up for a snack. It had been over 2 hours.

It's nights like last night that I don't mind so much that he eats more at night than during the day. I found that I missed paying attention to him and appreciated the snuggles, even though he's asleep. He curls into me, and puts his foot on my leg, and his hand on my stomach, and drank quite a bit. He was warm and happy and full and drifted back off to sleep, and I put him back in his crib. "See you in a few hours, bud."

2 comments:

mrs. c said...

Such a sweet post! I'm glad you don't have to use day care too!

Stacy said...

Thanks, Mrs. C! Likewise!