While I seem to absolutely abhor routine, we seem to have found a good groove here, now that John's last day of work at Sundance is upon us. I work in the morning (at the library), and John has Ian all morning. They have breakfast, go for a walk, eat lunch, and Ian goes down for a nap about 1pm. I come home shortly after 1pm and John takes off. I finish more work, clean up the kitchen, and start dinner while Ian naps. When Ian gets up, he snacks, we play (outside and in) and finish working on dinner. I try to have dinner ready by 6pm, he eats (for an hour and a half) and then it's time to play for a bit, have ice cream, and then get ready for bed.
 |
| Want some tots? |
It really is fun getting Ian to myself for the afternoons, sledding, skiing, or playing indoors. It's been so helpful to get out of the house to get some work done. It helps reduce the pressure of unfinished work. There's still stuff to do, but I know that I'll get time to work on it, and that is very helpful. Sometimes Ian watches some Pingu while I work on dinner. He likes Mommy's chair.
No comments:
Post a Comment