Saturday, July 17, 2010

This Moment

There's a neat idea I've seen on a few blogs - "This Moment" where you take a moment of the week and capture it.
This moment:
We were doing "gimme five" while nursing and all of a sudden Ian thought it was the funniest thing ever. He couldn't stop giggling! Every time I started doing it, he started giggling again. Funny boy!

Today, we had a busy day at the garden. The new child carrier is really paying dividends. After refusing to nap much of the afternoon, I put him in there, and he went right to sleep. Several times when he was fussy, he was soothed by being in it. The sleeping hood proved to be quite comfortable.

I keep forgetting how we don't see our reality changing day by day. I think "oh, we'll remember this." But really, this week is so different from last week. Last week, Ian wasn't walking everywhere, and not nearly as well. This week, he was exploring the entire garden. He walked from the grassy area over to the boxes and then to see Daddy planting the new blueberry bushes. All this wearing only a pair of shoes and a smile. Today was the first time he seemed comfortable walking across the entire yard. Soon, we'll have to make sure to shut the gate so he doesn't get out!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: