I have been pondering this cyclical sleep pattern and I have a theory.
When Ian’s sleep improves, I have more energy and get more work done during the day. Last week: da bomb. It was great. We got so much done. When I get more work done, Ian gets less Mommy time during the day. This week? Not great. I used up a whole lot of mental energy last week, seem to be hormonal, of course made promises based on last week and it’s not working (thereby escalating the non-work problem), and am so frakking tired I can’t see straight. As I tended to Ian’s 2nd wakeup, I noticed that sure, he was nursing, but he was more snuggling. He rubbed my tummy with his warm hand. He’d do the ”I’m full,” pop off and roll away, but then come back and want to find my tummy or hand and then nurse more. But I’m full. But I want more. Poor guy. He’s been so out of sorts today and so clingy. We did give him some ibuprofen this afternoon, and it seemed to help. We think teething is coming or here. He's biting a lot.
| Pick Me UP!! |
Anyway, to help alleviate this, a more rigid daytime routine might work. I think we could hack this if we enforce a morning nap time, which is the only one he’s been doing lately, a morning walk, which we love and the dog sorely needs, and have much of the afternoon for play and work. That way if we need to get to the big city (like tomorrow) we can set appointments for the afternoon and not worry so much about hitting a naptime. This could help, so that Ian knows when to expect Mommy time and we can kind of normalize the daytime routine, even when we need to work in a trip to the big city.
Now to finish up some work.
No comments:
Post a Comment